[XeTeX] EuroTeX 2009 proceedings

Philipp Stephani st_philipp at yahoo.de
Sat Mar 20 12:08:35 CET 2010

Am 20.03.2010 um 00:33 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> Am 20.03.2010 um 00:13 schrieb David Perry:
>
>> When I started learning TeX, I could find only one editor, TeXworks, that was Unicode-aware.  And that is still the case, although I see that TeXnicCenter has now rolled out an alpha version of a new, Unicode-based edition of their software.
>

> For some longer period GNU Emacs exists.

Or Microsoft Notepad, for that matter. In fact, the first Windows operating system fully based on Unicode was Windows NT 3.1, in 1993. Since then, every single Microsoft technology has been based on Unicode (UTF-16, to be precise), and writing Unicode-capable applications on Windows is extremely simple (provided that you are doing it right, of course). There is just no excuse for non-Unicode applications any more.