[XeTeX] [CJK] meta information 'scrambled'

David ldl08 at gmx.net
Tue Mar 16 11:07:55 CET 2010

Hello everybody,

my xetex file is written in Chinese, the rendering works fine. With one
exception: the Chinese in the metadata is not correctly produced (see
screenshot; the Chinese can be seen further below). I have to say that
initially this actually worked, though only over the course of two or
three compilations. What then happened, I don't know. It is not an
evince problem, the same happens with xpdf. I have not done an update
either.

Has anyone got an idea as to how to mend this problem? Maybe someone has
encountered this before?

% Meta Information
\usepackage[
     unicode=true,
     colorlinks=false, pdfborder={0 0 0},
     pdftitle={博士学位论文},
	pdfsubject={Eine kurze Beschreibung, worum es geht},
	pdfauthor={my name},
     pdfkeywords={lunwen, innovation, China, SEM}
]{hyperref}

Many thanks!

David