[XeTeX] [CJK] gap betw. final dot (。) and footnote reference

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 16 00:06:19 CET 2010

Hello,

It seems there is also a character

Unicode Character 'HALFWIDTH IDEOGRAPHIC FULL STOP' (U+FF61)

http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/ff61/index.htm

But, as indicated on the page, this character seems to be a Japanese character rather than Chinese.

It seems to be a matter of taste as whether a footnote-mark should appear before or after the dot. I'd personally prefer before the dot. I am sure that experts have written treatises on the subject.

Wilfred