[XeTeX] Diameter symbol

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Mar 15 15:01:10 CET 2010

Peter Dyballa wrote:

> Am 15.03.2010 um 12:50 schrieb David Cottenden:
>
>> Can anyone tell me how I can get a proper internal diameter symbol
>> without having to add a whole maths alphabet (which appears to be
>> what wasysym and mathabx do)? I don't have space for another maths
>> alphabet!
>

> In which environment or situation do you want to use it? Is ø enough?
> It's LATIN SMALL LETTER O WITH STROKE at U+00F8 (LATIN CAPITAL LETTER
> O WITH STROKE, Ø, is at U+00D8).
I could make my peace with that if need be - it's just likely that some
/real/ engineers will read what I am writing, and it's possible that I
might end up attracting avoidable red pen.
> Or are you looking for EMPTY SET, ∅, at U+2205? DIAMETER SIGN, ⌀, is
> at U+2300.
The latter is the one that I am after, but I know that my main body font
doesn't include it. Is there a decent font which does? I'm looking to
match with Chaparral Pro, if that's possible.