[XeTeX] euenc package -- tex\xelatex\euenc\eu1ence.def problem

Herbert Schulz herbs at wideopenwest.com
Mon Mar 8 21:25:29 CET 2010

On Mar 8, 2010, at 2:06 PM, sjo wrote:

> I am using miktex 2.8 under Win7 to run xelatex on a file. I get a
> complaint from the miktex package installer that the file
>
>      tex\xelatex\euenc\eu1ence.def
>
> is missing. The file is there but under the latex directory rather
> than under xelatex.
>
> When I give permission to install, the manager comes back later with
> the same message repeatedly. Changing the internet ctan site does not
> help.
>
> I have also manually copied the euenc folder under latex to the
> xelatex position. This does not help either.
>
> This file does correctly work under xelatex/miktex on a different machine.
>
> Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Jon

Howdy,

I'm not on Windows but did you actually copy/paste that path or is there a typo? The file should be eu1enc.def not eu1ence.def? On my TeX Live system it is in the same directory as the euenc package in the latex, not xetex, branch of the tree. Have you run the equivalent of texhash after you copied it?

Good Luck,

Herb Schulz
(herbs at wideopenwest dot com)