[XeTeX] small caps with xltxtra

Atsuhito Kohda kohda at pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp
Thu Mar 4 14:24:44 CET 2010

Hi all,

I noticed a bit strange behavior of XeTeX, but it might be
an aleady known problem.

With a japanese opentype fonts, for example Kozuka fonts
of Adobe Reader, you will see the following results.

With "xltxtra", \LaTeX is typesetted wrongly, i.e. "a" is
not in small caps, but without "xltxtra" \LaTeX is typesetted
correctly.  You can test with the following codes.

\documentclass[b5paper,12pt]{article}
\usepackage{fontspec}
\defaultfontfeatures{Mapping=tex-text}
\usepackage{xltxtra} % Extra customizations for XeLaTeX
%\setromanfont{IPAMincho}
\setromanfont{Kozuka Mincho Pr6N}
\begin{document}
\LaTeX
\end{document}

Is this a bug of "xltxtra" or a wrong usage of fonts
or something?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards,			2010-3-4(Thu)

--
 Debian Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda AT debian.org>