[XeTeX] qtree errors

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 1 04:53:34 CET 2010

Hello Joshua,

It works fine on my computer. From the error you posted, it seems that the code is trying to create PostScript specials which are not intended for PDF output. Latex used to create output in the following way:

latex -> DVI file -> dvips -> PS file (or dvipdfm to make PDF)

Packages which make drawings, diagrams, etc (pstricks, xypic, etc) write the special PS instructions as "PS specials" into the DVI file. If you want to produce PDF straight from latex (pdflatex, xelatex) those packages need to write their special commands as PDF commands. I think that one of your packages is not detecting that PDF is the output format and therefore tries to make PS specials. See the log file for details, and check the manuals of the packages for any options relating to PS and PDF.

Wilfred