[XeTeX] xelatex, segmentation fault, Mac OS X 10.6.4

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Jun 30 14:58:46 CEST 2010

Am Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:48:45 +0100 schrieb Jonas Zimmermann:

>>> It's producing the xdv file which causes the segfault.

>> Are you really claiming that it's XeTeX which fails? And not
>> xdvipdfmx? This is a rather rare situation...

But a situation which was discussed three days ago. There the new
xetex (with protrusion) crashed when a footnote was split across
pages.

> I've used "xelatex -no-pdf C.tex", which is what I suppose your
> remark about using -no-pdf means? Also, I'm on TeXLive 2009, if
> that helps.

Well the exact version of xetex and a document that demonstrates the
crash would be more helpful. Doesn't the log gives some indications
about the location of the crash so that you can generate a test
document?

--
Ulrike Fischer