[XeTeX] xetex arabic fonts issue

wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu wodzicki at math.berkeley.edu
Sun Jun 27 00:04:05 CEST 2010

> My guess is that you have an old version of the font installed somewhere.
> Having to different version of the same font installed is known to cause
> this kind of issues with xetex, deleting the old version(s) is enough
> to solve this issue.
>
> Regards,
>  Khaled

"an old version" should not be understood literally. Two identical copies
of the exactly same font: one, say, in the system fonts directory, and
another one in the TeX distribution tree -- will cause this behavior. This
is a very frustrating and well attested bug in XeTeX (which for some
reason has been ignored so far by the XeTeX creator and maintainer).

Mariusz