[XeTeX] xelatex crashes with a large document (TL2010)

Pablo Rodríguez oinos at web.de
Fri Jun 25 08:20:06 CEST 2010

On 06/25/2010 12:49 AM, Michiel Kamermans wrote:
> On 6/24/2010 9:07 AM, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>> Hi there,
>>
>> I have installed TL 2010 from TUG and XeLaTeX crashes with rather
>> large documents (books not written by me). It crashes also with
>> --no-pdf option activated.
>>
>> I'm afraid that I cannot provide a minimal sample, I cannot make the
>> texts available. all I can do is to attach the crash below.
>
> What about if you scramble the content (ie, replace all words with
> abcdefg... strings of equal length) with a quick
> perl/php/python/whathaveyou script?

Thanks for your replies to all.

I thought of anonymizing the text, but Google returned nor result.

I'm afraid I cannot code, so there is no quick script.

I'll try to find another LaTeX book under a free license that crashes
with XeLaTeX (I have tried five and they compile fine).

If anyone has a suggestion on a rather large source document or it could
even provide the quick script to anonymize the text, I'll really
appreciate it.

Thanks again for your help,

Pablo