[XeTeX] fontspec vs polyglossia

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 8 15:21:14 CEST 2010

Dear all,

The recently released version 2 of fontspec now clashes with polyglossia, because the internals of fontspec have changed.

polyglossia was previously hooking into low-level macros to perform what is now provided by a fontspec programming interface. (E.g., \fontspec_if_script:nTF {latn}{true}{false} .)

I've emailed François about the changes required but I seem to remember him saying that he no longer has time to maintain polyglossia. Is there anyone willing to write a patch for polyglossia so that it will support the new version of fontspec?

Best regards,
-- Will