[XeTeX] Unicode-math strange results

David Cottenden d.cottenden at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jun 7 10:05:51 CEST 2010

Ulrik Vieth wrote:
> 1. Delimiters:
> With xelatex, \left and \right delimiters do not grow.
> \big, \Big, \bigg, \Bigg produce only the default size.
> With lualatex, delimiters are fine (no problem).

Sorry - just read this properly. I got exactly the same problem using
x64 and one of Will's much earlier versions of unicode-math, but since I
have access to quite a number of machines with identical TeX installs, I
established that this was just an issue for x64, and not for x86 with
identical sources. In fact, I posted to this list about is on 02/10/09
but no answer was found.

Given that the symptoms sound identical, could the problems also be?

> 2. Radicals:
> With xelatex, I only get a radical sign without a bar.
> With lualatex, I get a misplaced radical sign with a very thick bar.
> (The radical sign should hang below the baseline, but doesn't.)

I don't recall whether this was a problem or not, so can't guarantee a
complete symptom match - sorry.

Hope that helps,

David

--