[XeTeX] XITS Math font - first beata

Ulrik Vieth ulrik.vieth at arcor.de
Sat Jun 5 20:05:04 CEST 2010

On 06/05/2010 07:24 PM, Taco Hoekwater wrote:
>>> If so, to what extent would this make XITS obsolete?
>>
>> Depends how good a job they do :)
>
> And whether the current STIX release schedule is reliable. Judging
> from past results, it is altogether possible that v1.1 won't be
> ready for release for half a decade yet.

Yeah, right, their schedule is totally unreliable because everything
needs to be reviewed and approved by committee (whoever that may be)

As I said this morning in another thread: XITS vs. STIX is a classic
case of bazaar-style "release early and often" development model vs. the
cathedral-style "wait until everything is finished" approach.

Anyway, Thanks very much to Khaled for his work on XITS.

Regards, Ulrik