[XeTeX] XITS Math font - first beata

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Jun 4 20:31:17 CEST 2010

As promised, the OpenType MATH enriched version of STIX fonts, XITS,
is now available.

This early version provides:
* OpenType math constants values, necessary for proper layout of
various
  math elements.
* proper math accent positioning.
* proper sub/superscript positioning (not fine tuned yet).
* extensible radicals, delimiters and math accents.
* oldstyle figures.
* some pre-composed fraction.

Tarball can be downloaded from:
http://github.com/khaledhosny/xits-math/downloads

Feature requests, bug reports and fixes, should be directed to the issue
tracker:
http://github.com/khaledhosny/xits-math/issues

Against the practice of STIX project, this version have not been
extensively tested, only few basic tests through ConTeXt MkIV were
done. Instead, in the spirit of open development model, I'm releasing
early and often and trusting that thee are many people with more
knowledge of math aesthetics and sharp eyes to spot error better than
what I can ever do. Others are highly welcomed to test against other
OpenType MATH implementations, namely unicode-math (with both XeTeX and
LuaTeX) and MS Office 2007 and higher.

Regards,
 Khaled

--