[XeTeX] pstricks and dvi output in xelatex

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Fri Jul 30 22:57:16 CEST 2010

Am 30.07.2010 um 17:38 schrieb George:

> \begin{pspicture}(\textwidth, 10)
> 	\pnode(0.5,1.1){bottomInstructionLine}
> 	\pnode(0.5,8.5){topInstructionLine}
> 	\ncline{->}{topInstructionLine}{bottomInstructionLine}
> 	\ncput*[nrot=:D]{Instructions}
> \end{pspicture}

This code will produce a vertical line with an arrow at its lower end
pointing downwards and a text "Instructions" written on the line in
upward direction (rotated by 90° in counter-clockwise direction from
the horizontal, reading direction in contrary to the arrow's
direction, kind of bottom-up) that the line will get rubbed out along
it.

Simpdftex, pdfLaTeX, and XeLaTeX produce this in their PDF output.
When I try to interpret the DVI output from LaTeX I seem to miss the
rotation of the text and I also seem to miss the co-ordinates of the
text's starting point. But obviously simpdftex produces correct
output. So me and xdvi must be faulty, not interpreting the PS code...

--
Greetings

   Pete

There is no national science just as there is no national
multiplication table; what is national is no longer science.
				– Anton Checov