[XeTeX] pstricks and dvi output in xelatex

George pinkisntwell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 30 01:18:44 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:
> Am Wed, 28 Jul 2010 19:41:54 +0100 schrieb George:
>
>> Is it possible to use pstricks in xelatex and get a dvi output so I
>> can use the auto-updating feature of yap? I have a document that uses
>> pstricks and diagrams don't show up correctly after compiling with
>> xelatex because of the conversion to pdf. If I save to xdv then I
>> can't view the file with yap to check if it rendered correctly.
>
> No, this won't work. YAP uses dvips and mgs (the miktex ghostscript)
> to show the documents, and dvips can't handle the extended dvi
> (=xdv) of xetex.
>
> Use a pdf-viewer which allows auto-updating.

Do you know of any such viewers?

Also, even if I do that, I still don't get pstricks diagrams to render
correctly with xelatex. The pstricks webpages instructs users to not use
pdflatex to compile, but rather to go down the dvi->ps->pdf route to get
pstricks diagrams to render correctly. How can I get correct diagrams in
xelatex?