[XeTeX] Listings and copy/paste

Le Farfadet Spatial le.farfadet.spatial at free.fr
Mon Jul 26 19:39:46 CEST 2010

Hello everybody out there!

     I am a French user of LaTeX and I am now discovering XeLaTeX, which
is really great! Anyway, I have discovered a strange behaviour of
"listings" environment with XeLaTeX. After several posts on
fr.comp.text.tex, I have been recommended to post here.

     Even with the option "upquote", both simple and double quotes are
composed with non-ASCII characters. Though quite aesthetic, this is
troublesome when doing copy/paste from the PDF. Also, when
copying/pasting, indentation disappears. This happens either by using
Evince or Acroread and pasting in GNU Emacs or Gedit.

     An example at the end of this message.

     Regards.

                                                     Yoann Le Bars

\documentclass{article}

\usepackage{xltxtra}
\usepackage{fancyvrb}
\usepackage{xcolor}
\usepackage{listings}
\lstloadlanguages{C++}
\lstset{
   fancyvrb=true,
   language=C++,
   basicstyle=\ttfamily,
   stringstyle=\ttfamily\color{green!50!black},
   keywordstyle=\color{blue}\bfseries,
   commentstyle=\color{red!50!black}\itshape,
   showspaces=false,
   showstringspaces=true,
   fontadjust=true,
   keepspaces=true,
   flexiblecolumns=true,
   frame=single,
   upquote=true
}

\setmonofont[Mapping=tex-text]{DejaVu Sans Mono}

\begin{document}
\begin{lstlisting}
#include <iostream>

int main () {