[XeTeX] custom footnote rules w/ ednotes, polyglossia & bidi

Vafa Khalighi vafakh84 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 24 18:07:11 CEST 2010

> Maybe my question is much easier. I am looking for help on how to change
> the direction of main footnote rule separator for only one section or
> chapter. Currently, when I put "\setRTLmarginpar" at the beginning of the
> arabic section of my thesis, and at the end -- when I wish to go back to
> English and thus to a LTR footnote rule-- I type \setLRmarginpar, nothing
> happens. I probably need to make a newenvironment of some type, but that
> hasn't worked either.

What does \setRTLmarginpar have to do with footnote rule? You even have not
read the documentation carefully.

\rightfootnoterule gives you right footnote rule

\leftfootnoterule gives you left footnote rule

\textwidthfootnoterule gives you textwidth footnote rule

\autofootnoterule gives you automatic footnote rule (explained in the
documentation)

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi