[XeTeX] Japanese, Chinese, Korean support for Polyglossia

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jul 23 20:22:02 CEST 2010

Gerrit wrote:
> Hello Philip,
>
> what I meant for simplified Chinese as being easy is because of this:
>
> - it is also only written horizontally
> - no ruby characters (at least as I know)
> - uses arabic digits (e.g. 2010年)

Definitely not the last : I know of many instances
of simplified Chinese that use pure Chinese number
symbols (一二三四五六七八九十), and I have a hand-
calligraphed scroll that uses simplified Chinese
characters written vertically and from right to left.
As far as Ruby goes, you may well be right : Ruby is
certainly used in Taiwan, but of course TW still
uses traditional characters so there is no counter-
example there.

** Phil.