[XeTeX] Having correct hyphenation for multiple languages in the same document

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 20 09:48:53 CEST 2010

> (Languages are not symmetric regarding fonts:  For latin scripts you
> need normally 3 font families (for  \rmfamily,  \sffamily, \ttfamily)
> while greek seems to use only  one.)

This assumption is not correct. For example, if you do not plan to typeset
say  computer code, then obviously you don't need to set \ttfamily. In addition,
some people, like me, for normal texts use \sffamily only for captions, but
others use the same font for captions and the rest of the text. In my
experience,
people use sans-serif fonts for posters, slides, etc.

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece