[XeTeX] word breaking in languages like telugu, sanskrit

Yves Codet ycodet at club-internet.fr
Sun Jul 18 08:40:41 CEST 2010

Hello.

With XeLaTeX, if you use the package "polyglossia", hyphenation
patterns (included in the package "hyph-utf8") corresponding to the
language you select will be applied. For instance:

\usepackage{fontspec}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
\setdefaultlanguage{sanskrit}
\newfontfamily\sanskritfont[Script=Devanagari]{Sanskrit2003}

I can see that "hyph-utf8" has patterns for several other Indian
languages:
	http://www.tug.org/svn/texhyphen/trunk/hyph-utf8/tex/generic/hyph-utf8/patterns/tex/
which will be part of the next TeX Live. And François will certainly
be willing to add support for those languages to his "polyglossia".

Best wishes,

Yves