[XeTeX] word breaking in languages like telugu, sanskrit

Kattamuri Ekanadham eknath2k at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 14:32:11 CEST 2010

When we compose languages like telugu, sanskrit etc. using xetex,
we would like to have a means of producing paragraphs with justification on
both sides.
Normally clank is taken as an opportunity for word-breaking; however, in
these
languages perhaps we should specify (in addition to blank) that a vowel
could signal a potential place for breaking. For instance, if the word
"sAhitya" is overflowing a line, it can broken either after "sA" or after
"sAhi" also.
Is there a way to specify this in xetex or with some latex commands?