[XeTeX] combining characters in isolation

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Sun Jul 11 11:27:30 CEST 2010

Am 11.07.2010 um 06:27 schrieb Mike Maxwell:

> I've tried putting a ZWNJ, ZWJ, ZWSP, and CGJx; none of them work.
> I either get a rectangular box or a dashed circle to the left (or in
> one case, to the right) of the combining character.

Why do expect you could put some thing on top of no thing?

> How can I get a combining character to appear in the PDF without
> anything (except a space) next to it?

With Latin combining accents I press SPACE and then this accent as in
¨. Could that work with Bengali as well?

--
Greetings

   Pete

Don't force it; get a larger hammer.