[XeTeX] Position of kasra when used together with tashdid in Arabic

Meho R. meho_r at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 9 15:03:49 CEST 2010

OK, there's maybe another way (maybe not related directly to XeLaTeX, so I
apologize for off topic): is there a way to disable certain glyphs in a font
using (Xe)LaTeX? In the font I'm using: KFGQPC Uthman Taha Naskh
font: http://fonts.qurancomplex.gov.sa/ there are glyphs buried deep in the file
(at its end, 65545 and 65550, which, when removed, produced "correctly"
positioned kasra and shadda, as well as tanween-double kasra and shadda (i.e.
kasra/double kasra went below the letter). However, although this font is free,
no modifications are allowed to be done, so I'd rather simply disable those two
glyphs if possible than removing them from the font using, e.g., fontforge
(which, btw, returned some errors: wrong direction, missing points at extrema,
too many points, bad glyph name).

Not to forget, thank you all for your suggestions. I tried them all, for some
fonts using urdu and/or sindhi solved the problem, for some Vafa's code works
fine, but this font is different.