[XeTeX] Position of kasra when used together with tashdid in Arabic

Vafa Khalighi vafakh84 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 9 03:29:31 CEST 2010

> I was hoping someone knows of a
> workaround or a hack which I can use with XeLaTeX to overcome this. Vafa
> provided a valuable code (thank you!) which works fine for some fonts, but,
> unfortunately, not for this one :( If anyone has any suggestions, please, let me
> know. Thanks.

I am not sure what kind of font you have but perhaps that is cursive. In
that case you can try reducing horizontal spacing between appropriate
letters until all letters are connected. You should instead, either if the
font is open-source, change it for your own purpose, or use Khaled's
suggestion about using luatex instead xetex.

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi