[XeTeX] Position of kasra when used together with tashdid in Arabic

Meho R. meho_r at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 8 17:29:01 CEST 2010

Sorry for making it sound like a bug, I didn't mean to put it that way. Having
kasra below shadda/tashdid is fine by me in most cases. But there are some times
when I have to put kasra below the letter (e.g., when typesetting parts of
arabic text containing quranic verses). I'm aware it is up to a font designers,
who mostly follow only "kasra below shadda" way. And this is one case when I
have to use one of those fonts (KFGQPC Uthman Taha Naskh
font: http://fonts.qurancomplex.gov.sa/). I was hoping someone knows of a
workaround or a hack which I can use with XeLaTeX to overcome this. Vafa
provided a valuable code (thank you!) which works fine for some fonts, but,
unfortunately, not for this one :( If anyone has any suggestions, please, let me
know. Thanks.