[XeTeX] Detecting glyph change after feature selection

Will Robertson wspr81 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 7 13:09:42 CEST 2010

Hi,

I was hoping that something like this would let me detect whether a certain font feature affects the glyph obtained by inputting a certain character:

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
\font\1="Adobe Jenson Pro"\1 1234567890abcdefg

\number\XeTeXcharglyph`\a

\number\XeTeXcharglyph`\c

\font\1="Adobe Jenson Pro:+sups"\1 1234567890abcdefg

\number\XeTeXcharglyph`\a

\number\XeTeXcharglyph`\c

\end{document}

I'm not sure if that even makes sense, but if it does, is there a way to retrieve this information?

E.g., in the example above, Jenson Pro doesn't contain the "c" superscript, and I'd like to be able to test for that. But \XeTeXcharglyph only returns the regular glyph slot before the font feature is selected.

-- Will