[XeTeX] XeTeX equivalent to \pdfpagewidth ?

Philip Taylor (Webmaster, Ret'd) P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Fri Jul 2 16:34:43 CEST 2010

Ulrike Fischer wrote:

> But if you set \pdfpagewidth you should also set \pdfpageheight. At
> least on my system (miktex 2.7) xetex will otherwise [ignore the]
 > \pdfpagewidth  setting.

Ah !  /That/ explains why it didn't work when I first tried it.
Just to see if \pdfpagewidth was honoured, I set it, and could
see no discernible result : it was at that point that I asked the
question on the XeTeX list, and failed to appreciate that, in
following the suggestions that followed therefrom, I was also
setting \pdfpageheight.  Well spotted Ulrike !

** Phil.