[XeTeX] fancyhdr and plyglossia

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Fri Jan 29 12:52:50 CET 2010

Dear Vafa Khalighi,

Thank you very much for your answer, this is a very good solution.
Herbert Schulz has suggested to put the command \pagestyle{fancy}
after the definitions of the header and this also works, but only with
the small minimal example I had provided. Later on I discovered that
it does not work if the document contains larger portions of Arabic
text: The headers of of Arabic pages are not changed in accordance
with the definitions by fancydhr but still display the pagestyle plain.

But if the command \pagestyle{fancy} ist put immediately after
\setotherlanguage{arabic} - as you proposed - also the headers of the
Arabic part of the document are changed according to the definitions
by fancyhdr.

This is the version of bidi I am using:

bidiversion: v1.0.3
bidirevision: revision 82
bididate: 2009/08/09

The necessity to enclose the words of the headers into the \LR{}
command still remains, also after putting the command
\pagestyle{fancy} immediately after \setotherlanguage{arabic}.

Dear Vafa Khalighi and Dear Herbert Schulz,

Thank you very much for your efforts,
and with best wishes and best regards,
Jens Bakker