[XeTeX] fancyhdr and plyglossia

Jens Bakker jbakker at uni-bonn.de
Thu Jan 28 15:03:24 CET 2010

Dear Herbert Schulz and Dear Vafa Khaliqi,

Thank you very much for your answers, I have tried the proposal of
Vafa Khaliqi but it seems to me that it does not work, possibly due to
a mistake by myself. Anyway, here is a minimal example which does work
well except of the headers:

\documentclass[twoside,a4paper,11pt]{article}

\usepackage{url}
\usepackage{semtrans}
\usepackage{tipa}
\usepackage{fancyhdr}

\usepackage{polyglossia}

\pagestyle{fancy}

\setdefaultlanguage[spelling=old]{german}
\setotherlanguage{arabic}

\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Scale=1.3]{Al Bayan}

\begin{document}

\fancyhead{}
\fancyhead[CO,CE]{\footnotesize\textsc{Die \Alif Azhar\={\i}yah}}
\fancyhead[RO,LE]{\thepage}
\fancyfoot{}

\begin{german}

Der Text der \Alif Azhr\={\i}yah des \textit{\v{s}aykh} Kh\={a}lid al-
\Alif Azhar\={\i}y \"uber Grammatik.

\end{german}

\begin{Arabic}
\medskip