[XeTeX] alphabets in maths and \mathbf

Vafa Khalighi vafa at users.berlios.de
Tue Jan 26 00:24:10 CET 2010

On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 3:08 AM, Mehdi Omidali <mehdioa at gmail.com> wrote:

> Two options:
> 1- Why don't you cooperate with the developer of the mathspec package?
> 2- Maybe it is better to cooperate with a free math font developers,
> like Asana Math, to add arabic and persian digits in their font and
> then it is easy to use it by mathspec. For example, then
> \usepackage{mathspec}
> \setmathfont(Digits)[Mapping=parsidigits]{Asana Math}
> will do the job you wants. Note that this combination (only by
> replacing Asana Math by some font that has persian digits) is somehow
> better than
> \setdigitfont
> of xepersian.
> MO

The nature of my question is absolutely different to what you responded. In
addition, mathspec does not do what I asked. See atached:

The digits inside \mathbf and outside \mathbf, are the same thing which is
wrong. The digits inside \mathbf should be bold and the digits ouside
\mathbf should be regular. Doing this is pretty simple, you do digits with
\mathord like what TeX-e-Parsi has done but this is not the right behaviour.

--
Best wishes,
Vafa Khalighi