[XeTeX] minor bug within XeLaTeX

Michiel Kamermans pomax at nihongoresources.com
Fri Jan 22 17:13:39 CET 2010

Khaled,

> May I ask what is the real issue we are trying to solve here? I don't
> think a single spurious space character is much of an issue to begin
> with, am I missing something obvious here?

Just a technicality really - the documents "should" be generated by
"TeX" or "XeTeX", not by " TeX" or " XeTeX", since the generator doesn't
have a space in front of its name. If anyone indexes their documents on
creator (say a media library, or a digital document archive), then the
additional space will mean a "starts with" matching on "TeX" or "XeTeX"
will fail due to a really really old programmer error.

- Mike "Pomax" Kamermans
nihongoresources.com