[XeTeX] Getting completely the wrong glyphs when using characters from Latin Extended B

Peter Dyballa Peter_Dyballa at Web.DE
Mon Jan 18 20:36:34 CET 2010

Am 18.01.2010 um 16:41 schrieb Philip TAYLOR:

> In an earlier thread (see below), Joanthan Kew said
> that string quotes were necessary if one was trying
> to reference a TTF/OTF/Type-1 font rather than a
> TFM-based (TeX) font.  How, then, does \setmainfont
> know whether I want a TTF/OTF/Type-1 font rather than a
> TFM-based (TeX) font if I am not permitted to use quotation
> marks to indicate that I want the former ?

The quotes are needed when you use (Xe)TeX primitives (\font
\fontname...) with some automatisms attached to it, the quotes are too
much when you use fontspec. \setmainfont is a fontspec command.

--
Greetings

   Pete

Clovis' Consideration of an Atmospheric Anomaly:
         The perversity of nature is nowhere better demonstrated than
by the fact that, when exposed to the same atmosphere, bread becomes
hard while crackers become soft