[XeTeX] cannot include pdf page

Alan Munn amunn at msu.edu
Mon Jan 11 21:32:34 CET 2010

At 9:02 PM +0100 1/11/10, Pablo Rodríguez wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>trying the following document:
>
>\documentclass{article}
>\usepackage[xetex]{graphicx,xcolor}
>\begin{document}
>\pagecolor{black}
>\includegraphics[page=1,scale=.5]{dmca}
>\end{document}
>
>I get the following error:
>
>** WARNING ** DecodeFilter "LZWDecode" not supported.
>** WARNING ** Could not handle a content stream.
>** WARNING ** pdf: image inclusion failed for "./dmca.pdf".
>
>The file is
>http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=105_cong_bills&docid=f:h2281enr.txt.pdf.
>
>Is there any way to avoid it?

On this error, try redistilling the pdf:

pdf2ps dmca.pdf dmca.ps
ps2pdf dmca.ps dmca-fixed.pdf

>BTW, since the background color of the included PDF is transparent, text
>from inserted document would be invisible.
>
>Is there any way to set the background color of the inserted document
>and not of the document page?

Try putting your includegraphics command inside a colorbox:

\colorbox{red}{\includegraphics[scale=.5]{dmca-fixed.pdf}}

(I used red so that I could see what was going on.)

Alan

Alan Munn						amunn at msu.edu
Department of Linguistics
and Germanic, Slavic, Asian and African Languages
		Tel.	517-355-7491
Michigan State University, East Lansing MI 48824 USA	Fax	517-432-2736