[XeTeX] Font Development

Apostolos Syropoulos asyropoulos at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 7 21:55:25 CET 2010

>I've been doing all sorts of complex OpenType layout for Arabic script
>using solely FontForge, I sometimes use Inkscape to draw glyphs from
>scratch, I find FontForge far better for later editing of the glyphs.

Agreed. In fact I think FontForge beats FontLab in almost every feature.
And of course  it is freely available while FontLab costs a fortune! As about
VOLT, do not forget to register a million times and of course it understands
only TrueType fonts ( remember: no one  needs CFF OpenType fonts ;-) ).

A.S.

Apostolos Syropoulos
Xanthi, Greece