[XeTeX] Odd Problem solved with XeLaTeX

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 3 06:24:17 CET 2010

Hi,

> I recently installed MikTeX version 2.8 in full but could
> get XeTeX or XeLaTeX to work with any editor or running from
> the command line.

I guess "could NOT get XeTeX to work" :-))

I don't think this is a bug. Xe(La)TeX works very well with all latex classes, so memoir should be no problem. I think your initial input file had an error. The error message has to do with the page size, so I suspect you have a wrong size option either to memoir or to the geometry package. Your newly downloaded input file apparently does not share this error.

The memoir class incorporates the geometry package. Thus, you don't need to use geometry with memoir. In fact, it is probably better not to use geometry, because strange things may happen, whereby memoir sets the page sizes according to its specifications, and subsequently geometry starts to re-arrange things. In memoir, this can easily lead to undefined behavior.

Cheers,
Wilfred