[XeTeX] linux libertine and number

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Fri Dec 31 11:53:44 CET 2010

Am Thu, 30 Dec 2010 18:51:22 +0000 schrieb Philip Taylor (Webmaster,
Ret'd):

>> It is a very bad idea to make numbers active and to define them in
>> this way.

> By way of demonstration that one can make digits active yet
> still have access to the functionality that François needs,
> I append the following :

Well Francois wanted to avoid to have to write "$7$" or "\text{7)"
instead of simply "7" in all sort of places. So I don't think a
solution which forces him to write "\seven" in all sort of places
"offers him the functionality he needs".

And are you really sure that your commands \zero, \one etc can be
used in all places where simple numbers are required. E.g. to you
tested if there works in \newcommand\mycommand[1]{#1}?

--
Ulrike Fischer