[XeTeX] pdf_link_obj(): passed invalid object.

Ulrike Fischer news3 at nililand.de
Wed Dec 22 16:42:30 CET 2010

Am Wed, 22 Dec 2010 13:29:16 +0000 schrieb Jérôme Etévé:

> Hi All,
>
> I've built a minimal breaking example.
>
> See doc.tex , flu.pdf (it works) and matrix.pdf (including it breaks).
>
> $ xelatex doc.tex
> <use  "matrix.pdf"  page37> <use  "matrix.pdf"  page37> [38] (./doc.aux)
> ** WARNING ** Could not find any valid object.
> ** WARNING ** Could not find a value in dictionary object.
> ** WARNING ** Didn't find "endobj".
> ** ERROR ** pdf_link_obj(): passed invalid object.

I can reproduce the problem with a current miktex.

I could process the file by including matrix.pdf with pdflatex in a
matrix2.pdf and this including this in the main document processed
by xelatex (I had to use the option --output-driver="xdvipdfmx -V5"
as pdflatex generated a 1.5.-pdf).

xelatex itself (with option --no-pdf) worked fine. It was xdvipdfmx
which complained. So I would at first make a bug report to the
xdvipdfmx maintainer.

(My first suspect would be the object number: The problematic pdf
start with 0 0 obj, the other (also the new matrix2.pdf) have a
number different from zero). But I don't know much about pdf. This
could also be irrelevant.)

--
Ulrike Fischer