[XeTeX] Footnote refs

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sat Dec 18 22:19:51 CET 2010

Meho R. wrote:

> You're right about memoir, I got the same result as you did. After playing a
> little bit, I redefined separately footnote mark in text and footnote mark in
> footnotes and it seems that this code is working fine with memoir too

Indeed, it works. But why is there an \mbox in the first \renewcommand
and a \setlength with \noindent in the second \renewcommand?

If I simplify them both (throwing caution to the wind) and have

\makeatletter

\renewcommand{\@makefnmark}{%
\textsuperscript{\fnmarkfont\@thefnmark}}

\renewcommand\@makefntext[1]{%
\makebox[1.8em][r]{\textsuperscript{\fnmarkfont\@thefnmark}}{#1}}

\makeatother

It seems to get the same result. Do you know if this will result in
other undesired effects?

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma