[XeTeX] Ellipsis

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Thu Dec 16 19:47:16 CET 2010

> Why is that? I would like it, that the symbol is always copy-pasted as
> an ellipsis.

  You can't control that: it's a choice of the application (isn't that
obvious from the experiment you conducted?).  What happens with evince
is a reasonable solution, using the compatibility decomposition of the
ellipsis character (I suppose it's ultimately poppler that's at stake
here, since evince uses it for rendering if I'm not mistaken).  There is
no obviously best behaviour in this situation: the reason for evince's
choice to use the compability decomposition is probably, well,
compatibility.  There's nothing XeTeX can do to prevent that when
producing the PDF.

	Arthur