[XeTeX] Unicode Arabic hyperlinks

Juan Acevedo juan.acevedo.juan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:03:23 CET 2010

> Can someone rewrite the example using fonts that are
> available on TeX Live 2010, please?

Dear Heiko
This is embarrassing: ArabXeTeX (for instance) defaults to Scheherazade, and yet it is not part of TeX Live (maybe due to licensing issues? others here will know for sure). Fontspec uses Code2000 for its Arabic sample. You make me wonder about the default TeX Live Arabic font ! (but that sounds like matter for another thread)

For our current case, it may be easier to use whatever Arabic font is your system's default, but actually, since I have not used Arabic text in my sample, you can run it with any Roman font, as below, and you will only need to ignore the warning about Arabic script not being there. The problem persists, i.e., the hyperlinks don't work, and for that your help is most appreciated.
--------------
%!TEX TS-program = xelatex
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode
\documentclass{book}
\usepackage[xetex,unicode=true]{hyperref}
\usepackage{fontspec,xltxtra,xunicode}
\usepackage{polyglossia}
	\setdefaultlanguage{arabic}
 	\newfontfamily\arabicfont[Script=Arabic,ExternalLocation]{texgyrepagella-regular}
\begin{document}
\tableofcontents
\part{mypart} \chapter{linkhere}\chapter{ajksfhak;j}
\section{naskdgfklh}\section{2naskdgfklh}
\end{document}