[XeTeX] irregular spaces between lines in Tibetan

enrico.gregorio at univr.it enrico.gregorio at univr.it
Mon Dec 6 19:55:54 CET 2010

From: Yves Codet <yves.codet at sfr.fr>
> Hello.
>
> If I compile the attached file I get an irregular spacing of
> lines, as you can see on the PDF: the space between the first
> and the second line is smaller than between the other lines. But
> if I replace:
> \newfontfamily\tibetanfont[Script=Tibetan,Scale=3]{Tibetan
> Machine Uni}
> with:
> \newfontfamily\tibetanfont[Script=Tibetan]{Tibetan Machine Uni}
> the spacing becomes regular. Is there an option I should add to
> the \tibetanfont command to get correct spaces with magnified glyphs?

You should modify also \baselineskip; try

\baselineskip=36pt

and look at the result. Define

\newenvironment{tibetan}
  {\par\linespread{3}\tibetanfont\noindent\ignorespaces}
  {\par}

and use the new environment; \linespread{3} corresponds to \baselineskip=36pt
(with the default 10pt size): it sets a multiplication factor. Modify at will.

Ciao
Enrico
--
Enrico Gregorio          + Dipartimento di Informatica          + Tel: +39 045 8027937
Enrico.Gregorio at univr.it + Università degli Studi di Verona     +