[XeTeX] Ligatures no tproberly rendered in Gillius ADF Condensed

Pander pander at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Dec 4 17:49:10 CET 2010

On 2010-12-04 17:40, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:
> Am 04.12.2010 um 16:20 schrieb Pander:
>
>> Output of ttx provides more ligatures. I use ttx's output for my font
>> catalogue and for all other fonts, this info on ligatures is correct.
>
> Because you use a certain tool, it is more correct than other people's? Isn't this a rather silly statement?

I have used it for retrieveing ligature information for many many
different fonts and it has never failed me. Doesn't mean that it says
the absolute truth. Thank you for investigating and validating this with
other tools.

> Well, if you think Linotypes font manager is lying on me, then you
> know better, I suppose ... (even the fact that several tools shows
> different results, should make you think  about the quality of the font).

True (as in "I don't think Linotype's font manger is lying"). I will get
in touch with the creater of the font and report this issue to him.

> Joachim

Regards,

Pander