[XeTeX] supplying missing glyphs?

Tobias Schoel liesdiedatei at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 4 14:02:55 CET 2010

The answer, whether this behaviour is legal, strongly depends on the
country and the interpretation of the basic laws.

Here in Germany: Probably illegal if you concern copyright laws but
legal if you concern the basic law (constitution). But even the
constituional court doesn't do this always.

In USA: Illegal if you concern copyright laws. (The latest ruling says,
it might even be illegal to sell software as a private person, because
you haven't bought the software, only the right to use it.) I don't know
about the US basic law.

Solution, which should be legal everywhere:

Switch the OS between the computers.