[XeTeX] XeTeX documentation? (from "Checking if a font exists")

Wilfred van Rooijen wvanrooijen at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 31 01:36:01 CEST 2010

I guess that in the Closed Source community you get a similar answer, it is just that __nobody__ outside those directly involved knows about it :-)) I have complained before on this list about the (scientific) community in which I am involved, where manuals are often outdated, or too short ("Card 25 FORMAT 8i3 EXPANDA options" - no word what the EXPANDA options are or what they do for you....). I have often thought that it should be made mandatory to allow at least 25% of the budget of software development to be spent on the manual (I guess for most open source projects 25% of 0 is still 0). I can totally see how it works on the managerial level: "No, you don't get money to write manuals. You get money to write codes. Besides, nobody uses the software outside of our lab." "Yes, but if we write a manual, more people can use the code, and that will ultimately improve our knowledge, the quality of the code and our relationship with other research
 establishments." "Certainly, but nobody uses our code." "Because there is no manual." "But if nobody uses the code, who needs a manual?" ;-))

Cheers,
Wilfred