[XeTeX] Checking if a font exists

Alan Munn amunn at gmx.com
Sun Aug 29 18:39:04 CEST 2010

On Aug 29, 2010, at 12:25 PM, Fr. Michael Gilmary wrote:

> Alan Munn wrote:
>
>> Is there a way to check whether a font is present in a user's
>> system?  I need to generate a document with Myriad Pro if it
>> exists, Arial otherwise, and if neither, exit with an error.
>

> Well, at the risk of impertinence (since I can't directly address
> your question), if you have Adobe Reader, you've got Myriad Pro (as
> well as Minion Pro). I don't know what OS you have, but here's where
> I find it on the Mac:
> /Applications/Adobe Reader 9/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/
> Resource/Font/

Yes, I know that.  I'm trying to produce a package that will work on
any OS; alternatively, since most people will have Adobe Reader
installed on their system I should just find out the absolute
locations of the font on Windows and Linux and hard code the location
with a user set flag for OS. This would certainly avoid needing to
default to Arial.

Alan

--
Alan Munn