[XeTeX] Checking if a font exists

Fr. Michael Gilmary FrMichaelGilmary at MaroniteMonks.org
Sun Aug 29 18:25:56 CEST 2010

Alan Munn wrote:

> Is there a way to check whether a font is present in a user's system?
> I need to generate a document with Myriad Pro if it exists, Arial
> otherwise, and if neither, exit with an error.

Well, at the risk of impertinence (since I can't directly address your
question), if you have Adobe Reader, you've got Myriad Pro (as well as
Minion Pro). I don't know what OS you have, but here's where I find it
on the Mac:
/Applications/Adobe Reader 9/Adobe Reader.app/Contents/MacOS/Resource/Font/

HTH.

--
United in adoration of Jesus,

fr. michael gilmary, mma