[XeTeX] Ancient Hebrew font problem

Vafa Khalighi vafakhlgh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 06:07:49 CEST 2010

> Thanks a lot for all your hints!
> However, when I tried Kirk's example (see below) I noticed that bib
> wasn't yet installed. After installing bidi it complained that iftex.sty
> was not available. But after installing iftex I got the following error
> message:
>
> ! Package bidi Error: TeX engines other than XeTeX and LuaTeX are not
> yet supported.
>
> I am attaching the logfile.
> Thanks for any help!

iftex package uses the \XeTeXinterchartok primive of XeTeX to find out that
XeTeX is the egine in use. This primitive is recent that is undefined in old
versions of XeTeX. So if you have an old xetex binary, then this primitive
is undefined and thus iftex thinks that you have loaded some other engines
and not xetex.