[XeTeX] Ancient Hebrew font problem

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Aug 25 01:05:41 CEST 2010

On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 06:42:51PM -0400, Kirk Lowery wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Carsten Ziegert <carsten_ziegert at sil.org>
> wrote:
>
>     Thanks a lot for all your hints!
>     However, when I tried Kirk's example (see below) I noticed that bib
>     wasn't yet installed. After installing bidi it complained that iftex.sty
>     was not available. But after installing iftex I got the following error
>     message:
>
>     ! Package bidi Error: TeX engines other than XeTeX and LuaTeX are not
>     yet supported.
>

> Your log says:
>
> Babel <v3.8h> and hyphenation patterns for english, usenglishmax, dumylang, noh
> yphenation, basque, french, german, ngerman, ibycus, greek, monogreek, ancientg
> reek, loaded.
>
> Don't use Babel.

Babel is already loaded in the format, this message is about hyphenation
patterns, which is managed by Babel even if you don't use it e.g. using
polygloassia. It actually has nothing to do with the issue here.

For some reason iftex doesn't detect XeTeX of the OP, so I'd rather
direct this to iftex author.

Regards,
 Khaled

--