[XeTeX] Ancient Hebrew font problem

Ron Aaron ron at ronware.org
Tue Aug 24 05:22:07 CEST 2010

On Monday 23 August 2010 21:55:07 Carsten Ziegert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problems with hebrew vowels while trying three different
> fonts (see example file):
>
> With SBL Hebrew and Ezra SIL, the vowels are too much on the left under
> the consonants.

Just to complete what others have said, I use raw 'xetex' and have a font line like:

\def\hfont{SBL Hebrew:script=hebr,language=IWR,mapping=tex-text}

Not only is the vowel placement correct using SBL Hebrew (do get the latest version of the font!), but it even handles difficult cases like "yerushalayim" properly. I've been very impressed with the Hebrew layout quality of xetex and SBL Hebrew.

Best regards,
Ron

--
Sending me something private?